This course will aim to teach participants to:
- Practice self-compassion, mindfulness and loving kindness in daily life
- Understand, experientially, the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate oneself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with ease
- Transform destructive emotional patterns and challenging relationships
- Approach difficult relationships with equanimity
- Practice the art of self-appreciation
MSC is suitable for anyone who wishes to cultivate these skills. Professionals from health and education often attend MSC courses, as this training is helpful to prevent burnout and enhance wellbeing.
MSC sessions include meditation training and practice, short talks, experiential exercises, small and large group discussion, optional mindful-compassion movement and home practices. This MSC intensive will involve eight 2.5 hour training sessions online and one recommended 3-4 hour silent retreat in your home focused completely on individual practice.
Trainers – to be confirmed.
Malcolm Huxter is a clinical psychologist who has many years of experience teaching mindfulness and the meditational development of compassion and loving-kindness. A practicing psychologist for over 27 years he has been teaching professionals since 2001. Malcolm trained in MSC with Neff and Germer in the UK in 2014 and has facilitated MSC courses in London, Brisbane, Lismore, Gold Coast and Byron Bay. For more info about Malcolm go to: www.malhuxter.com
Lisa Brown is a Psychologist, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) facilitator and yoga teacher. She currently works in private practice in Bellingen and Coffs Harbour and facilitates Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction groups and Trauma Sensitive Yoga classes. She completed MSC teacher training in April 2017 in Australia. For more info about Lisa go to: http://mindfulnesspsychologywellbeing.com
Helpful but not essential reading: “The Mindful Path to Self-Compassion: Freeing yourself from destructive thoughts and emotions” by Christopher Germer (2009), “Healing the heart and mind with mindfulness. Ancient path, present moment” by Malcolm Huxter (2016) and “Self-compassion: Stop beating yourself up and leave insecurity behind” by Kristen Neff (2011).
This program will be run as an eight week online program.
Cost: To be confirmed.
- Participants referred by their GP may be eligible for a Medicare rebate for this course.
- Some Insurance Companies will cover the cost of this program.
Please register your interest by contacting us here