Mindful Self Compassion (MSC)
EIGHT WEEK ONLINE MINDFUL SELF COMPASSION (MSC) COURSE
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an empirically supported training program designed to cultivate the skills of self-compassion and mindfulness. MSC has been developed from the innovative research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer.
The three key components of MSC are: self-kindness, a sense of common humanity and mindful awareness. Research demonstrates that self-compassion is strongly associated with reductions in stress, anxiety and depression. It has also shown that MSC increases emotional wellbeing and the maintenance of healthy habits.
This course will aim to teach participants to:
- Practice self-compassion, mindfulness and loving kindness in daily life
- Understand, experientially, the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate oneself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with ease
- Transform destructive emotional patterns and challenging relationships
- Approach difficult relationships with equanimity
- Practice the art of self-appreciation
MSC is suitable for anyone who wishes to cultivate these skills. Professionals from health and education often attend MSC courses, as this training is helpful to prevent burnout and enhance wellbeing.
MSC sessions include meditation training and practice, short talks, experiential exercises, small and large group discussion, optional mindful-compassion movement and home practices. Online MSC will involve an introductory session of 1 hour and eight 2.5 hour training sessions and one recommended 3-4 hour silent retreat.
For those wishing to follow the MSC Teacher Training pathway, this course counts as a pre-requisite.
Malcolm Huxter is a certified MSC teacher, a Lismore based clinical psychologist and meditation teacher. For more info about Malcolm go to: https://www.malhuxter.com/about/
Lisa Brown is an MSC teacher, a Coffs Harbour based Psychologist, Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR) facilitator and yoga teacher. For more info about Lisa go to: http://mindfulnesspsychologywellbeing.com/
Price sliding scale of between $295 – $550 AUD
* Some Health Funds may contribute to MSC; Workers Compensation may be an option for some; we are happy to discuss payment plans; if you are financially challenged, please contact us to discuss options. Our intention is to make MSC available to everyone. Lisa Brown email@example.com or Malcolm Huxter firstname.lastname@example.org